We need your attendance! | Speak Up Portage 6/27
YOUR ATTENDANCE IS NEEDED! Meeting information is below!
Join us at Portage City Hall for the Planning Commission Meeting on Wednesday, 6/28 at 7 pm!
Let’s pack the Portage City Hall and ensure our concerns are heard!
Please continue attending meetings at City Hall to support our initiatives and community concerns. If you are able to attend and can speak on behalf of our group, please do! This week, many of the community members are planning to bring up safety concerns surrounding the planned developments. Please feel free to use the following talking points during your public comments:
- Increased Crime and Safety Concerns Associated with High-Density Housing
- “I am concerned that the planned developments will cause increased crime and result in an unsafe community for my family to live in.”
- Increased Traffic Accidents and Safety Concerns for Foot & Bike Traffic
- “I am concerned the planned development will cause increased traffic making already unsafe conditions in the neighborhood exponentially worse. The neighborhood streets are already unsafe for foot and bike traffic, and for young children to play in the front yards.”
- Lack of Public Safety Resources to Support High-Density Population Increase
- “I am concerned that Portage Public Safety will not be able to handle the influx of Police and Fire calls with the large increase of residents in the area. Our department is already short-staffed and will not be able to support the influx of residents.”
If you have personal concerns with the planned developments, please also share them during the opportunity for public comments.
Check out our new website!
Community members have been working hard behind the scenes to revamp the website and communications to keep everyone in the loop. Please share the website linked below with your friends, family, or other community members who may support our efforts. Feel free to share our website on social media platforms, and encourage others to attend city meetings to represent the Speak Up Portage group.
You can join the mailing list and submit your concerns directly on the website!
Future Meetings at Portage City Hall
Mark your calendars!
7900 South Westnedge Avenue
Portage, MI 49002
- Planning Commission Meeting – Thursday, July 6th at 7 pm
Zoning Board of Appeals Meeting – Monday, July 10th at 7 pm, **Currently canceled**
- City Council Meeting – Tuesday, July 11th at 7 pm
- Planning Commission Meeting – Thursday, July 20th at 7 pm
- City Council Meeting – Tuesday, July 25th at 7 pm
Thank you to our task force members and other volunteers who have helped get this initiative off the ground!