Join us at Portage City Hall for the City Council Meeting TONIGHT, Tuesday, 7/11 at 7 pm!
Let’s pack the Portage City Hall
and ensure our concerns are heard!
Please continue attending meetings at City Hall to support our initiatives and community concerns. If you are able to attend and can speak on behalf of our group, please do! This week, many of the community members are planning to bring up safety concerns surrounding the planned developments. Please feel free to use the following talking points during your public comments:
- Increased Crime and Safety Concerns Associated with High-Density Housing
- “I am concerned that the planned developments will cause increased crime and result in an unsafe community for my family to live in.”
- Increased Traffic Accidents and Safety Concerns for Foot & Bike Traffic
- “ I am concerned the planned development will cause increased traffic making already unsafe conditions in the neighborhood exponentially worse. The neighborhood streets are already unsafe for foot and bike traffic, and for young children to play in the front yards.”
- Lack of Public Safety Resources to Support High-Density Population Increase
- “I am concerned that Portage Public Safety will not be able to handle the influx of Police and Fire calls with the large increase of residents in the area. Our department is already short-staffed and will not be able to support the influx of residents.”